Friday, May 16, 2008

Valley Forge Letter:

Febuary,10,1778

Dear Homestead,
Oh do i wish you were there, I have been out on vallley forge. It's just pure cold, our supplys are running low and the soldiers have started to get sick. I miss you all down there in boston massachusets. The snow has not let up, though im kinda used to it. How's my girl, probably just as pritty as her mama?
Washington has now started to clean up the place a little and have a little more authority. This is taken care of by Baron Von Stueben. We are also just started to get more supplies through General Nathanael Green, he took over the quartermasters post. Though General Thomas Mifflin does not like his job and really ignores it, he is in charge in transportation so the roads are horrible. Though what does he care, he already is wealthy.
So how is the weather up there in boston, i bet not much different then ours up here in Pennsylvania. I do so miss you guys, im hoping this will all be over soon though it's not looking so good. Well the best wishes for you all. Keep me and the soldiers in your prayers. I love you. Bye.


Sincerely,
Robert Clement

No comments: